Only cruelty keeps wild animals in entertainment
Elephants and other wild animals used for entertainment suffer every day of their long lives. They desperately need your support to protect them from this cruelty. Please donate now to stamp out this abuse.
Taken from the wild and from their mothers, broken and forced to perform, made to live their whole lives in cruel captivity – a life in entertainment is no life for a wild animal.
Elephants chained up, beaten and starved to allow people to ride on their backs.
Orangutans cruelly forced to dress up and perform tricks. Tigers drugged and beaten into submission to allow people to pet them and take a photo.
Many tourists simply don’t realise that wild animals don’t interact with people because they want to, but because they are forced to – only cruelty keeps them here.
Right now, thousands of animals in entertainment desperately need your help to stamp out the abuse. Please donate today.
$30 a month could help to educate tourists and lobby tour operators to stop selling tickets to wild animal shows.
$60 a month could protect wild animals from being threatened, and help to re-train people to find new ways of living without abusing wild animals.
$125 a month could help develop sustainable solutions for moving wild animals that are forced to perform for entertainment into wild or semi-wild environments.
Where your money goes
- Direct to the field = 88%
- Fundraising = 11%
- Admin = 1%
World Animal Protection (formerly known as WSPA) has been protecting animals for over 50 years and we passionately believe that animals matter. With your support, we’ll go where animal suffering is most far-reaching and animal cruelty is most severe. You can help us bring lasting change for animals:
- In the wild where animals are cruelly traded or killed you can help us prevent it.
- In disasters where together we can save the lives of animals and the livelihoods of the people who depend on them.
- In farming where farm animals are suffering you can help us give them better lives.
- In communities with your support we can stop the needless killing of dogs due to fear of rabies.
In 2013, 85% of funds raised went towards protecting animals in these four areas of work. We can ensure your vital donation is making the biggest impact for animals as possible and is helping achieve lasting change.
* These figures are in local currency and taken from the Australia 2013 audited accounts.Registered Charity Number: CFN 16458. All donations over $2 are tax-deductible.