They don’t belong to us
The exploitation of wild animals like Jahn for our entertainment, our medicine, our food, or our exotic pets is both horrendously cruel, and increases the risks to our own health and safety.
Elephants like Jahn are already victims of the wildlife trade. As the world goes into lockdown and the tourism industry dries up, it’s wild animals (who should never have been in captivity in the first place) who could suffer most, left abandoned, neglected and starving.
There has never been a more opportunistic time for our shared passion for animal protection to be put at the forefront of individual and government thought around the world.
Compassionate people like you can help ensure many more elephants and other wild animals like Jahn can have lives worth living.
Your compassionate gift today could help:
- provide struggling elephant friendly venues like Following Giants with food, supplements, medicine and running costs, to keep elephants like Jahn alive during the pandemic.
- continue our campaign to keep wild animals in the wild, pressuring governments for wildlife trade bans, and better animal welfare legislation; and
- transition other venues like Following Giants to become elephant friendly and give lives worth living to what we hope to make the last generation of captive wild elephants used for entertainment.
Please donate today, help ensure elephants like Jahn have lives worth living and help us work together to keep wild animals in the wild, where they belong.
* Your donation will help protect animals around the world
$41 Could help provide emergency food, supplements, medicine and running costs.
$84 Could help pressure governments for wildlife trade bans and better animal welfare legislation.
$126 Could help transition other venues like Following Giants to become elephant friendly.
Where your money goes
World Animal Protection has been protecting animals for over 50 years and we passionately believe that animals matter. With your support, we’ll go where animal suffering is most far reaching and animal cruelty is most severe.
In 2017, 84% of funds raised went towards protecting animals in our four areas of work. We strive to ensure your vital donations make the largest impact for animals and help achieve lasting change.
* These figures are in local currency and taken from the Australia 2017 audited accounts.
- Programs = 84%
- Fundraising = 13%
- Admin = 3%